What is the significance of goats to coffee?
“Coffee grown worldwide can trace its heritage back centuries to the ancient coffee forests on the Ethiopian plateau. There, legend says the goat herder Kaldi first discovered the potential of these beloved beans.
The story goes that that Kaldi discovered coffee after he noticed that after eating the berries from a certain tree, his goats became so energetic that they did not want to sleep at night.
Kaldi reported his findings to the abbot of the local monastery, who made a drink with the berries and found that it kept him alert through the long hours of evening prayer. The abbot shared his discovery with the other monks at the monastery, and knowledge of the energizing berries began to spread.
As word moved east and coffee reached the Arabian peninsula, it began a journey which would bring these beans across the globe.” National Coffee Association USA.
Here are some other questions for you to consider while sipping your daily supply, whether it be a latte, long black, or mocha.
1.How many cups of coffee can you consume in a day without getting heart palpitations?
2. Does coffee taste better in a mug, a cup or glass?
3. Where do you prefer to sit in The Modern Grocer while having a coffee?
4. Do you savour your coffee or are you a gulper?
5. Do you think a hipster baristas make better coffee?
(for those grappling with the “hipster” concept here’s a definition that may shed some light:
Hipsters (plural form of the noun, hipster) people who follow the latest fashion or trends, especially those who are under the misconception that they live outside the cultural mainstream. Usually have a trimmed beard, wear tight jeans and live in, or hang out, in Byron)
6. Why do some people drink decaffeinated coffee? Is their problem treatable?
7. Should we allow people who drink decaf, soy lattes with a twist of lemon to vote in Federal elections?
8. What kind of coffee does Donald Trump drink?
9. How many cups of coffee do you need to consume every day for month, to lose ten kilos?
10. How many cups of coffee are sold in The Modern Grocer every day?
11. What do you traditionally have with your coffee?